Thursday, September 29, 2011

Frustration!!!

Okay. I am very frustrated now, because my acne is coming back, and my skin has once again become very oily. I am limited in how I can treat my acne, because for one, I no longer have any health insurance, and Accutane is very expensive. I am also very allergic to benzoyl peroxide, which is one of the main active ingredients in a lot of acne medications, including Proactiv. I have been on a lot of antibiotics in the past for my acne, and that is not good to take such potent antibiotics for long periods of time.

Since my acne has been coming back recently, I have been trying to fight it with some generic acne face wash containing triclosan, as well as some samples I still have of Retin-A Micro. But now I have noticed that I might be developing an allergy to either the Retin-A Micro or the acne wash, or both, because now my face has become painful with a stinging, burning sensation and a red rash whenever I use either product, but especially the Retin-A. Last night I only used the face wash, and when I woke up this morning, I had some facial swelling, especially noticeable in my eyelids, nose, lips, and cheeks. I am so frustrated, because I am 25 years old, and I have been struggling with an acne problem since I was 17. I also get a flaky, red, painful rash in the folds of my nose on both sides on occasion. Why can't I just get rid of this stupid problem?!

1 comment:

Tim Reed said...

That's a valuable info you shared there. I'm pretty sure, someone other than me, will find this handy. How long have you been blogging anyway? I've just started blogging and you really made it look easier. Good layout + good content = subscribers. You have one today. Accutane Settlement